Professor Noob's Daily Disquisitions

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Well, that was anticlimatic.

No ranting. No fingerpointing. And damn near no parents. I had five parent-teacher conferences in two days, and not one of them lasted longer than three minutes. Only one parent of a failing student came in, and since her daughter has just gotten an IEP and will be getting help with her schoolwork from now on, she really didn't have anything to be pissy about.

I'm actually rather disappointed. I wish I could say that it's because I'd hoped more parents of struggling students would come in, but really, no one in their right mind actually expected them to. I was just hoping for a chance to practice withstanding a hurricane of parental ire while Perfect Mentor was standing (okay, sitting...and napping) behind me.
posted by Professor Noob at 8:15 AM

2 Comments:

I'm sure you will have a chance to anger parents in the future... :)

March 24, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

Ya, there's no shortage of parents blaming their ineptitude to teach their children responsibility on the teachers in this country. Your day will come.

March 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home